1140 N 192ND ST APT B226, Shoreline, WA 98133 • (206) 755-9578 • email@example.com FaceBook, LinkedIn & Twitter: kengillgren • gillgrencommunication.com
Stakeholder communication and engagement
Experienced consultant with 30+ years in community-based tech projects focused on stakeholder communication and engagement with a special interest in citizen journalism. Skilled in cultivating partnerships; integrating online and social media assets; project design, staging, training, and tech support; and grant writing.
- Gillgren Communication Services, Inc. (Owner, Chief Consultant): Comprehensive support for community-based technology projects, including strategic concept development, local network building, web and social media asset development, and wrap-around project support.
- Rainier Beach Action Coalition (Technology Strategist): Facilitated the integration of web and social media into a “wisdom commons” to support collaborative efforts to extend reach, build local capacity, and transform public perceptions. Recruited and trained community youth to manage entire platform.
- PROV. Communications, Inc. (Editor, Copy Writer, Rewriter): Contract work as an editor, copywriter, and rewriter for English-language corporate communications products for a Tokyo-based company.
- Liberating Voices (Editorial Board): Wrote, reviewed and edited content and assisted in the identification of suitable images for patterns included in “Liberating Voices: A Pattern Language for Communication Revolution.” Developed and led pattern application curricula for several Evergreen College classes.
- Casey Family Programs (Operations Specialist/Administrator): I supervised a cross-functional administrative team and developed enterprise-level program monitoring, internal communication channels and tools, and planning documentation across three strategic planning cycles
- Seattle Community Network (Board of Directors): Chaired the Services Committee for a public access online system focused on grassroot participation and community/neighborhood support.
- TOLA Inc. (General Manager, International Marketing Communications): In charge of all English-language products for Japanese corporate clients, including annual reports, corporate profiles, corporate social responsibility and sustainability reports, narration scripts, corporate newsletters, and product brochures.
- Institute of Cultural Affairs (Project Manager/Regional Director): Directed staff training and documentation for multi-village development efforts in North Sumatra, Indonesia, anchored village logistical support for Iniupaq (Eskimo) agricultural project, mobilized community and business support for a rural Oklahoma community development project, organized and facilitated town meetings across Texas and Oklahoma.
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (BA, Philosophy)
- Washington High School (Diploma)
Strategy, community development, community outreach, fundraising, non-profits, grants, strategic planning, workshop facilitation, grant writing, strategic communications.